Kyle is committed to making complex legal issues accessible to the Canadian public. He has contributed to stories for international, national, and local television, radio, print, and digital media platforms. He has also provided expert testimony to the House of Commons and the Senate. Some of his recent appearances include:
- Appearing before the House of Commons Standing Committee on Justice and Human Rights as an expert witness on the criminalization of sex work.
- Appearing before the House of Commons Standing Committee on Justice and Human Rights as an expert witness on the criminalization of HIV non-disclosure.
- Appearing before the Standing Senate Committee on Human Rights as an expert witness on human rights in federal prisons.
- Appearing on TVO’s The Agenda with Steven Paikin to talk about human rights law and freedom of expression.
- Appearing on CTV Your Morning with Ben Mulroney to talk about the Supreme Court of Canada’s hearing in Trinity Western v. Law Society of Upper Canada.
- Speaking with Vice Canada and Buzzfeed about policing and LGBTQ communities.
- Speaking with CBA National Magazine and Xtra! about reinstating the Court Challenges Program.
- Speaking with Global News and the University of Toronto News about the legalization of same-sex marriage in the United States.
- Speaking with the McGill Law Journal about Justice Lori Douglas and the Canadian Judicial Council.
- Publishing editorials about same-sex marriage, judicial complaints, sex work, and HIV non-disclosure in The Globe and Mail.
- Publishing an editorial about solitary confinement in the National Post.
- Publishing a piece on the role of Pride in Torontoist.
- Publishing a piece on the new Court Challenges Program.
- Publishing an editorial on the passage of Canada’s new prostitution legislation in The Winnipeg Free Press.
- Speaking with CBC’s Metro Morning about the launch of Best Practices in Policing and LGBTQ Communities in Ontario.
You must be logged in to post a comment.