Kyle is committed to making complex legal issues accessible to the Canadian public. He has contributed to stories for international, national, and local television, radio, print, and digital media platforms.Some of his recent appearances include:
- Appearing before the House of Commons Standing Committee on Justice and Human Rights as an expert witness.
- Appearing on TVO’s The Agenda with Steven Paikin to talk about trans human rights law and freedom of expression.
- Appearing on CTV Your Morning with Ben Mulroney to talk about the Supreme Court of Canada’s hearing in Trinity Western v. Law Society of Upper Canada.
- Speaking with BBC News about trans human rights and pronoun use.
- Speaking with Vice Canada and Buzzfeed about the legal regulation of public sex.
- Speaking with CBA National Magazine and Xtra! about reinstating the Court Challenges Program.
- Speaking with the National Post and Radio-Canada about the legal regulation of trans people in Ontario’s jails.
- Speaking with Global News and the University of Toronto News about the legalization of same-sex marriage in the United States.
- Speaking with the CBC, The Globe and Mail, the Toronto Star, and Torontoist about the problems facing trans people in Canada’s prison system.
- Speaking with the McGill Law Journal about Justice Lori Douglas and the Canadian Judicial Council.
- Publishing editorials about same-sex marriage, judicial complaints, sex work, and HIV non-disclosure in The Globe and Mail.
- Publishing an editorial about solitary confinement in the National Post.
- Publishing a piece on the role of Pride in Torontoist.
- Publishing a piece on the new Court Challenges Program.
- Publishing an editorial on the passage of Canada’s new prostitution legislation in The Winnipeg Free Press.
- Speaking with CBC’s Metro Morning about the launch of Best Practices in Policing and LGBTQ Communities in Ontario.
- Speaking about sentencing, prison law, and gender identity in Canada with Post Media.